Position: Systems Operational Control Manager
Position Available Date: 1/1/2012
Reports to: Director of Operations
Secondary Report: President
Last updated: Aug 2010
Relocation Expense: None
Benefits: Health Insurance, Life Insurance, 401(k)
To plan, implement, coordinate and improve services and administrative operations within the System Operations Control department. To provide, communicate, implement, and integrate strategic, operational and programmatic plans and policies to achieve the mission, values and goals of Sky Limo Corp through collaboration among operational teams and the sales department. To coordinate daily tactical mission as well as the long range strategic plan with Sky Limo Operations Control; through daily interaction of respective corporate goals and philosophies with our employee group, owners and customers.
- Assist Director of Operations in determining the services necessary to meet the needs of Sky Limos internal and external customers.
- Support management and employees by ensuring that services are regularly and conveniently available to meet these needs.
- Integrate Operations, Maintenance Control, Crew Scheduling and Flight Control services into Sky Limo's primary functions; coordinate intradepartmental and interdepartmental services.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy and security of information.
- Coordinate and enhance operational relationships with Flight Control, Sales Maintenance and Crew Scheduling.
- Recommend, develop and implement policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of services; provide current written policies addressing aircraft dispatch, operational systems, operational performance and aircraft availability.
- Integrate Airport Customer Service (ACS) and Security/Safety philosophies with Operational Goals.
- Coordinate and enhance operational relationships with Flight Operation teams and representatives.
- Collaborate on the oversight and preparation of daily and monthly summary of company performance data (completion, on-time statistics, etc.), recommending corrective actions required to meet operational goals and objectives to Department Leaders and the Director of Flight Operations as needed.
- Responsible for the Dispatch/System Operations Control Crew Scheduling, and Sales functions on a daily tactical and long range strategic basis.
- Analyze the requirements and direct the development of operational systems to meet the demands and changes of the Company.
- Determine and prioritize departmental projects as needed to meet operational targets.
- Recommend a sufficient number of qualified and competent persons to provide services.
- Direct the control and distribution of present and future employees in an efficient and cost competitive manner while meeting industry standards.
- Manage the selection, development, motivation, appraisal and discipline of personnel.
- Ensure that orientation, in-service training and continuing education are provided to department personnel.
- Determine and document the qualifications and competence of department personnel.
- Continuously assess and improve services provided.
- Direct Quality Assessment and Improvement functions.
- Manage quality control programs; ensure that quality control checks are conducted and records maintained.
- Review performance criteria for quality control.
- Take corrective action and document such action on all unacceptable results.
- Recommend space and other resources needed by the department.
- Prepare, recommend and manage annual fiscal operating and capital equipment budgets for the department.
- Participate in the selection of sources for necessary services not provided by Sky Limo personnel.
- Promote both internal and external customer services through the development and implementation of programs and standards, which reflect that goal.
- Design, implement and monitor methods to assure compliance with accrediting and regulatory agencies.
- Support internal controls to safeguard the financial, information and human resources of the department.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Requires specialized knowledge in a professional or technical field which is acquired through study or experience beyond four years of college but typically less than a Master's Degree-level of study preferably in Business, Aviation Management, or related discipline.
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of previous leadership or supervisory experience required.
- Previous supervisory or management role in a Part 135 On Demand Operations control center, crew scheduling or sales department required.
- Current Dispatch License required.
- Demonstrated strong communication, analytical, project or program management, problem solving AND customer service (internal/external) experience required.
- Computer literate and working knowledge of operating systems, CharterEasy.com, Microsoft Office programs, e-mail (Outlook), and instant messenger required.
- Previous leadership or supervisory experience in a Part 135 On Demand Operations control center preferred.
- Working knowledge of presentations/graphics (PowerPoint) software applications preferred.
Please send a Cover Letter, Resume, and Salary Requirements to email@example.com
To receive the Air Charter Journal e-mail:
Subscribe via RSS
Want to use this article? Click here for options!
© 2013 Penton Media Inc.